Sep 15, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Austin got a fishing pole for his birthday and we finally got a chance to try it out on Saturday. We found an awesome fishing spot and caught 9 fish. The kids decided they love fishing and want this to be our secret family fishing spot becuase everyone caught a fish.
Natalie was the first one to catch a fish.
She caught 4 fish all together.
Austin caught 3 fish and even reeled two of them in all by himself.
Even Makenna enjoyed the fishing trip!
What a fun day! We look like really good fishermen don't we. Well, I am feeling generous so I will tell you the name of our secret family fishing spot in case you need a fun family activity. It is called the Spring Lake Trout Farm. We figure the kids will have a lot more fun if they actually catch something. And the best part is when your done, they filet the fish for you so they are all ready to cook. We invited Gram and Pop over for dinner to try our our catch.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yeah! You did it! I love your blog. You know I hate to admit this but we have never taken our kids fishing :( We will definitely have to now because I know they would love it! Thanks for telling us where the secret place is!!!

Keith and Lori said...

I love the fishing pictures and I have to admit that the fish dinner was pretty good. I especially liked watching Austin eat every last bit of his fish, clear down to the skin!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

that looks so fun! i love to fish but bill always does the dirty work of gutting and cleaning! lucky him!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed