My neighbor just posted some funny things her kids have said lately and it reminded me that I wanted to post some of Austin's wit and wisdom from the last few weeks.
#1 Sunday morning, I hear my two early risers (Austin & Danny) in the kitchen talking....
Austin: Dad, why do you go to work in the morning when it's still dark?
Danny: I have to get up early so I can get to work on time. If I'm late for work, I will get fired, and then we won't have any money.
Austin: Oh, so you got fired?
Danny: No
Austin: Well we don't have any money.
#2 Austin comes to our room at 3 a.m. after having a nightmare about a crocodile. I bring him into our bed, hoping he will fall back to sleep...no such luck. He talked and asked me questions about all kinds of things for over an hour (Danny slept through all of this.) Apparently he does all of his deep thinking at 3 a.m. Some of his questions were....
Austin: Mom, why would Jesus make coyotes?
Me: I go into a big explaination about the circle of life, predator and prey animals, etc, etc.
Austin: But, why is there coyotes?
Me: (with fatique and frustration in my voice) Austin I just told you!!
Austin: I'm givin up on you. Jesus made coyotes so me and Dad could shoot 'em!!
AND THEN,
Austin: Can I say Crap?
Me: I guess
Austin: Tell me you are a deer.
Me: I am a deer
Austin: Oh Bull! Oh Bologna! Can I say Bull and Bologna? Dad says it.
Me: Yes, now go back to your bed.
Austin: No! There is a crocodile in my room.
Me: Fine goodnight.
(I then go get into Austin's bed and fall asleep. His bed is very comfy. I'll remember that for next time!)
#3 Driving in the car, a song comes on the radio that Austin likes.
Austin: Mom, I love this song! I want this song for my ringtone!

3 comments:
Ha ha ha ha ha! Those are hilarious! What a cute and smart kid!! I love your family picture!
lol! ha ha ha! that is funny! I love how kids truly do say the darndest things! My grandpa use to tell me "kids aren't stupid...they are much smarter then we are because they are innocent, and the older you get you lose that innocence!"
He is so funny, and let's not forget cute!
If he ever goes missing, it's probably my sister who nabbedhim! She is always talking about how cute Austin is.
Post a Comment