Dec 28, 2008

Our 2008 Christmas

Christmas was so fun for us this year. On Christmas Eve we went to my parents for dinner and then exchanged gifts with my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, we draw names every year. Then we came home and gave the kids their Christmas Eve present, new pj's, and an ornament. This year I also made each of them a photo album and a slide show with pictures of fun things from 2008. I am going to add that to our Christmas Eve traditon each year. Christmas morning we actually had to wake the kids up, I had been up all night listening to a dog whine, more on that later. We got all of our presents opened up and had some fun playing and then had a yummy breakfast. My parents came around 11:00 and brought us our presents, they spoiled us as usual. They got the kids cute overnight bags, blankets, and pjs for sleepovers, and some fun toys. After that we headed to Grandma-Greats and then to Danny's moms house, his cousin was here from California where he trains horses so Danny was excited to see him. It was an exciting, busy, fun day, the best part was being together!
Here are the kids in their new pj's on Christmas Eve.
Natalie got a cd player, clothes, art supplies and other "tweenish" stuff. She decided it's fun to ask santa for surprises.

Makenna got lots of cute toys and some baby einstein dvd's. Of course her favorite part was playing with all of the bags and paper.

Austin got everything he wanted, a fire truck, a big gun and a rock-star guitar, plus a few surprises. He was so happy and kept saying "Thanks Santa, we love you" after he opened a present.
The biggesbest surprise of all was the new puppy that Danny and I (mostly Danny) got for the kids. Natalie was the most surprised because she secretly wanted a puppy for Christmas but didn't dare ask for one because she knew I would say no like I always do. The kids call him Ranger and I have to admit he is pretty cute.

5 comments:

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

Looks like fun! I am so jealous of the dog- wanna trade for my stupid one? I swear the next dog I will get will be like yours! I've heard they are such good dogs! I love the picture with Austin's cheeser smile!

cold cocoa said...

The dog is so cute! How nice of you to get one even if you weren't as much in love with the idea. Is Shep still alive though?

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! A new puppy!!! He is SO cute. Of course I'm with you Cristina -- it's NEVER my idea to get a dog -- Jake is always the one who gives in on that. How is Shep? Will they make good friens? Your kids look like they gots lots of fun stuff! So glad you had a great Christmas. Sounds like you had as busy of a day as us. It was nice to just sit around the day after Christmas!

Cristina said...

Karen and Erin--Shep is still with us, but getting older which makes us sad. He was our first baby, before we had any kids. The new puppy is the same breed of dog and looks so much like Shep, even has one blue and one brown eye. Shep and the puppy get along great, Shep does get a little jealous when the kids bring the puppy inside, I wish the weather was nicer so they could play with him outside! Hope you guys had a fun Christmas too.

Unknown said...

hey we found your blog through Emily. It's so fun to keep up on the family through the blogs. looks like you had a great Christmas. the kids make it so much fun. cute puppy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed